Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Plus 64g message app freeze and crash

The problem seems to be getting worse, I don't know what triggers it but right when I need it the messages app freezes to load and gives me a new message screen, then when I type in my contacts name it goes to no name. I have to reset my phone at least a minimum of 5 times a day to remedy the problem. Now I'm contemplating if I need to carry my iPad instead of my phone for reliability. Hope for a fix soon.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 23, 2015 10:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2015 11:31 PM

Restore the phone to factory settings

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings

11 replies

May 27, 2015 9:12 PM in response to screwhead45

Yes, you will lose your data, but you also may lose the corrupted data/settings that are causing the Messages app to freeze. If the phone works without restoring the backup, you know that the problem is in the backup. If Messages still freezes, there may be a hardware issue that needs evaluation by Apple.

Note that apps and Music media can still be re-downloaded or synced from iTunes on your computer without restoring the backup.

Oct 17, 2015 1:07 PM in response to screwhead45

SAme thing is happening to me and reset the phone did not solve anything.

And I got the 6 with maximim capacity

Apple even changed my phone for a new one, AND THIS ONE IS HAVING EXACTLY SAME PROBLEM, EVEN WORSE.

It has to be something in the phones, but it is very frustrating as I manage my business and 90% of my clients contact me by text, I know I'm losing client every day because they never hear from me.

HOnestly, I do not know what to do, I'm seriously thinking on change to a Samsung, this iphone is making my life and business miserable

iPhone 6 Plus 64g message app freeze and crash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.