Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can t consolidate because of missing file: seems to prevent syncing of rest of library

Photos for mac

i have lost several hundreds of jpg files and i can t consolidate fully my library

Since weeks; my upload is frozen, always at the same point

any idea ?

tks

Posted on May 23, 2015 10:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2015 11:44 PM

i have lost several hundreds of jpg files and i can t consolidate fully my library

Consolidate all photos that can be consolidated.

Then create a smart album (File > Smart album) with all remaining referenced photos.

Use the rule: Photo is Referenced.

User uploaded file

• If you know, where the originals to these photos or, double click the photo to edit it. Yo will get a warning that the original cannot be found. Try to reconnect by finding the correct original.
  • If you do not know where the originals are or they have have been deleted and cannot be restored, try to drag the thumbnails for all photos in this album to a folder on your Desktop and then delete these photos from your Photos library with ⌘⌫. Empty the Recently Deleted album.

Quit Photos, restart the Mac, and check, if the upload will start again.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2015 11:44 PM in response to cyfargier

Consolidate all photos that can be consolidated.

Then create a smart album (File > Smart album) with all remaining referenced photos.

Use the rule: Photo is Referenced.

User uploaded file

• If you know, where the originals to these photos or, double click the photo to edit it. Yo will get a warning that the original cannot be found. Try to reconnect by finding the correct original.
  • If you do not know where the originals are or they have have been deleted and cannot be restored, try to drag the thumbnails for all photos in this album to a folder on your Desktop and then delete these photos from your Photos library with ⌘⌫. Empty the Recently Deleted album.

Quit Photos, restart the Mac, and check, if the upload will start again.

May 24, 2015 12:05 PM in response to mrsmeyer

However, I just don't know which items are the ones that are not uploading.

mrsmeyer wrote:

However, I just don't know which items are the ones that are not uploading.

Do you have any files with a different file format, that is not supported for iCloud? Perhaps special graphics formats? Also check your videos.

Compare your Photos Library on your Mac with the Photos Library on the iCloud Webpage at www.icloud.com.

At www.icloud.com you will see all photos and videos that managed to upload.

Perhaps you can spot one missing file.

can t consolidate because of missing file: seems to prevent syncing of rest of library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.