Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I think i was exposed to a treat by opening whatsappvc.com from my I phone 6 plus ios8.3. How can i stay protected?

I think i was exposed to a treat by opening whatsappvc.com from my I phone 6 plus ios8.3. How can i stay protected?

Posted on May 24, 2015 12:33 AM

6 replies

Jun 1, 2015 10:44 AM in response to tech_expertz

tech_expertz wrote:

@satheesh yes you were! according to cyberworldmirror.com

they have an article about the issue you mentioned here,people should not invite for whats app video calling.it is a phone number harvesting scam!
check this out! http://cyberworldmirror.com/whatsapp-calling-scam-invite/

If you read the article you cited, you'll see it's a scam directed at Android users. It cannot affect an iPhone, especially one that has not been jailbroken.

Jun 3, 2015 4:25 PM in response to tech_expertz

tech_expertz wrote:

no brother!that android app message was a part of the scam..iphone users can alsoo be a victim of sharing that spam messages..

First, I am a woman, and in no way related to you.

Second, please show me where in the article it says that iOS devices can be affected. Merely visiting a website on an un-jailbroken iPhone does not, by itself, constitute any threat. Once at that website, if people put in their information, that's another matter. Again, it still doesn't affect the iPhone itself.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.