Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Greyed out "Date and Time" Value Label?

I'm trying to create 2d scatter chart. I only have 2 columns that pull into the chart, one of them (x axis) is dates, and the y axis is currency. I was able to figure everything out, except for the x axis values are being displayed as numbers instead of dates, and when I go to change the "Value Label" to "Date and Time" the option is greyed out. Does anyone know why? Picture below:

User uploaded file

Thanks!

Numbers-OTHER

Posted on May 23, 2015 11:51 PM

1 reply

May 24, 2015 5:23 AM in response to robhgilmore

I'm having trouble reproducing the problem, but here is a picture of what works here:

User uploaded file

There are no Header Columns in the table.

Column A contains valid dates.

Plot Columns as Series is selected.

Now, when I change the cell formatting in the table, the changes are reflected automatically in the chart.

Just a guess, but it's possible Numbers is not recognizing your "dates" as true dates because the string is not in a form that Numbers can recognize them as such with your localization settings. You can test that by trying something like =MONTH(A2) in the data table and see if that gives you a month.

SG

Greyed out "Date and Time" Value Label?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.