Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Foto app and sync via iCloud (Faces and other things)

Hi,

a few questions concerning the Foto App on Mac OS. It is a great app and would even be greater if it was possible to sync faces and Albums via the iCloud. It seems the photos themselves get synced without issues, however additional values do not make it up into the cloud.

Further it would be great to utilize those values via e.g. the iPAD.

Another questions is, how to grant access to the the entire library for the family. I saw a family folder, but since we share ll photo amongst each other a general sharing of the library would be great without manual interaction.

Thanks for some ideas in that space.

Bommelpommel

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 24, 2015 12:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2015 2:58 AM

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Faces data, along with keywords, descriptions, locations etc etc is synced to the cloud, you can't search at iCloud.com but you can on your iPad other iOS devices and other computers.

You can only share the photo library with the same account, if you want to share content with other family members use shared albums.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2015 2:58 AM in response to Bommelpommel

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Faces data, along with keywords, descriptions, locations etc etc is synced to the cloud, you can't search at iCloud.com but you can on your iPad other iOS devices and other computers.

You can only share the photo library with the same account, if you want to share content with other family members use shared albums.

May 24, 2015 7:05 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Hi and thanks for the swift response.

Can you please help me understand what I am doing doing ... I have my iMac, various IPADs and a Macbook. Within the Foto app I did some sorting by Faces as well as I created some folders ... Sync is enabled, since I can see all files on every device using the same ID. So this works nicely, however faces and other tags do not make it access the wire - anything I need to enable?

On the sharing within the family - I guess it would be amazing if you could really share a full library with the family ... my and wife and I upload stuff to a NAS right now and maybe iDrive would be a good replacement for sharing and keeping stuff.

Any thoughts?

Nov 19, 2016 11:16 AM in response to Winston Churchill

I am also having this problem. I have people tagged on the photo app (v2.0.451.20.9) running on macOS 10.12.1 (16B2555). Why I open the photo app on my iOS devices, the also have a People album but this has a different/smaller collection of named people. I have looked in the preferences for both systems and both are connected to iCloud and sync the actual pictures regularl, just not this metadata. Is there a fix?

Foto app and sync via iCloud (Faces and other things)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.