Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How will I be able to use an iPad Air 2 when visiting England from Canada.

Is it possible, and if so, how, to use a Wi-Fi only (not cellular) iPad Air 2 when visiting England - I live in Canada.

Thank you

iPad 2

Posted on May 24, 2015 5:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2015 5:52 AM

WIFi is WiFi no matter where you are in the world. As long as there is a WiFi network that you have access to and can connect to, you will use your iPad in England just like you use it in Canada. It will be no different all.

5 replies

May 24, 2015 6:01 AM in response to Demo

During previous visits, re the address I stay at, I was using my PC laptop and had to purchase airtime using a 'dongle', a small device able to be connected to and used with a computer, especially to allow access to wireless broadband or use of protected software. I'm wondering if there is anything similar needed for the iPad. Thanks

May 24, 2015 6:15 AM in response to Deeirdre

There is no way to use a dongle with an iPad. You will need to connect directly to any WiFi networks that you can find.

I have never been to the UK, but here in the U.S., if I am staying at a hotel, WiFi is offered at an additional cost or in most cases it is offered for free. I connect to the hotel WiFi network just like I would connect to my home network.

How will I be able to use an iPad Air 2 when visiting England from Canada.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.