Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notification is not working anymore on Game of War. MachineZone have investigated about this issue and said that their notification server is working and pointed finger to Apple notification server. What can I do?

On Game of War app, notification no longer works for me for few weeks since last iOS update. I have reported to MachineZone about this issue.

Got their response -

"From our end, push notifications are working. Unfortunately push notifications are a two step process. All push notifications must be sent to Apples servers before Apple sends them to you. We have several alerts and back ups of our own services to minimize downtime, but we are reliant on Apple maintaining their services."

What can I do about this issue?

Deafirefly

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 24, 2015 6:53 AM

7 replies

May 26, 2015 7:18 AM in response to deafirefly

Greetings deafirefly,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are not receiving notifications for a specific application on your iOS device. To begin troubleshooting this situation, I would recommend reading over the attached article for information on how to proceed.

About Notifications on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Not getting notifications for a specific app

Push notifications require an active Wi-Fi or cellular connection. If you’re not getting notifications for a specific app, try these steps:

1. Go to Settings > Notifications to verify that the app supports notifications. If notifications do not appear in the Notification Center, make sure that the Notification Center setting for the app is enabled.
  2. Make sure you’re signed in to your Apple ID.
  3. If you’ve recently installed an app or restored a backup, open the app to start getting notifications.

Learn more

Notifications use Wi-Fi only when a cellular connection is unavailable. Firewalls and proxy servers may affect your ability to receive notifications. Get help using Apple Push Notifcation service (APNs).

Learn more about Notifications and your device.

Cheers,

Joe

May 26, 2015 11:13 AM in response to AppleJoe

I've also bern suffering from the same issue. I've tried every step possible - switching notifications off then on / uninstalling game then reinstalling / privacy settings etc. Notifications used to be working fine but suddenly stopped one day - I didn't do anything. I've tried the game on an old device using iOS7 and the notifications work perfectly fine so it points to the problem being with the latest software update. Please could someone investigate? It's getting really frustrating now!

Thanks in advance

May 27, 2015 3:20 PM in response to AppleJoe

I have the same issue after updating to 8.3 on my mini and Iphone 6. My old ipad works fine because I didn't update that. I have tried everything from uninstalling, setting the date ahead, powering off, etc. Nothing seems to work. I notice that when I go into the general and look at the Game of War app, it doesn't give the notification option. Don't know if it's MZ or Apple that is causing this but there will be many complaints about it and people will be asking for refund for the in app purchases they've made because one of these two company refuse to correct the problem.

Notification is not working anymore on Game of War. MachineZone have investigated about this issue and said that their notification server is working and pointed finger to Apple notification server. What can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.