Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod 32gb

I can't get my old 32G iPod o slide on touch screen

iPhone 4, Windows 7

Posted on May 24, 2015 3:23 AM

4 replies

May 24, 2015 8:17 AM in response to stedman1

Thank you very much for you response, as well as just being a good person trying to help. I have tried that. The problem is, (I want to also make you, and anyone willing to offer help that this is fully charged. It is an old iPod 32GB Model A1318). The screen comes on for me to, "slide to unlock." I try to swipe nothing happens. The display looks perfect. Also when I double tap the, "square," bottom front of iPod it does respond by bring up under the date the play, go back/forward display. I have had tablets, such as a Samsung that I was able to reset for similar problems, and it took care of everything as you stated I should try. I just cannot get it to perform a Factory Reset. Do you thing, ( I know anything is possible), that that touch screen even though there in no damage...I honestly would throw it away no that I have so much money I can just do that, and go by another, but this is in mint condition, and I would hate to let it go if there is somehow I can perform what you are saying. I am hoping with me giving you the model number you or someone out there may have had this happen and knows of something I can do. Either way thank you s much for you help. I pray YOU and YOUR FAMILY have a save, and great Memorial Day weekend! GOD BLESS OUR FORMER, AND PRESENT TROOPS. The reason we have the freedom and good people to offer help such as," stedman1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Thanks again , "stedman1."

May 24, 2015 8:22 AM in response to bullmastif555

Try the remaining items of:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try another cable

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

ipod 32gb

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.