Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't connect to wi-fi after switching from Windows 8.1 (bootcamp) to OSX Yosemite

Hi.

I recently installed Windows 8.1 (core N) through bootcamp. Everything is working absolutely fine, but whenever I switch from windows to OSX (through bootcamp restart menu on windows or through the simples shut down) I never EVER can connect to my home wifi without restarting the router again.
I have to restart it every single time. Last night I used windows, turned the computer off and this morning started using OSX and had to restart de router again.

I tried restart OSX, shut down the computer, but nothing works, I always need to restart my router.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Wi-Fi Problems

Posted on May 24, 2015 6:50 AM

40 replies

May 24, 2015 10:08 AM in response to Loner T

Sorry this is getting a little confusing 😐

Let's see if I can answer your question correctly... How can I switch back to OSX if I'm already in OSX? Was that an mistype and you meant Windows? If that's your question... than I don't know because I didn't tried it, but I'll do it now and let you know.

If I'm in OSX and switch to Windows everything works fine, it's only when I switch back that I lose the wi-fi connection (I don't know if you are familiar with FON, but I can connect to FON, just not my wi-fi).

After switching back from windows to OSX I tried to restart OSX and turn off the computer and nothing works, I still have to restart my router.

May 24, 2015 12:39 PM in response to Loner T

Yes. I tried it. I boot OSX, wifi is fine, restart and boot windows, wifi is fine, restart and boot OSX, wifi is fine again. But this happens only if I open Windows and only take a few minutes in there... As I said (and I just did it) wifi was fine in OSX, restarted and booted windows and wifi was still fine... played a steam game for an hour, restarted the computer and booted OSX and there's the wifi problem again. Just had to restart the router to be able to connect to my wifi.

May 24, 2015 1:38 PM in response to Nirvanes

Nirvanes wrote:

Yes. I tried it. I boot OSX, wifi is fine, restart and boot windows, wifi is fine, restart and boot OSX, wifi is fine again. But this happens only if I open Windows and only take a few minutes in there... As I said (and I just did it) wifi was fine in OSX, restarted and booted windows and wifi was still fine... played a steam game for an hour, restarted the computer and booted OSX and there's the wifi problem again. Just had to restart the router to be able to connect to my wifi.

Please test after you play Steam for an hour, stay in Windows and quit Steam. Can you still connect to Wireless in Windows?

May 24, 2015 8:55 PM in response to Loner T

I forgot to quit steam, but this time (I didn't noticed before at least) after I quit the game I was not connected to wifi and I was having the same problem... restarted the router and got the connection right again. When I restarted and booted with OSX the wifi was working fine... is this somewhat related with steam? It's pretty strange...

Can't connect to wi-fi after switching from Windows 8.1 (bootcamp) to OSX Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.