Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to install new graphic card

hello

for my old mac pro (2009 - 4.1) i ve bought some new ram and a new video (graphic card) asus nvidia geoforce gtx670

first step, i search the driver of the card, mac version and installed it.

second step :

i remove the old ati redon, and replaced it by the new one

no problem on mac, the new card appears on the system

but when i rebbot on pc version, screen remains old black.

i now switch again, remove new card, replace with old one and tried to install the driver for the new card. but window (xp) refuse because it ask the card to be connecter, witch i can't do because i don't have the two connection (wires) i would need to be inside the machine.

could you please help me (french or english) please !

thanks

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), window xp through bootcamp

Posted on May 24, 2015 5:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2015 6:02 AM

Put the old GPU in the Mac. Boot into Windows and uninstall the driver for the old GPU and switch to a Generic VGA driver. Shutdown your Mac, put in new GPU, boot Windows and install Windows drivers for the new card.

You can also try booting in Windows Safe Mode with the new GPU and install/repair drivers for the new GPU.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2015 6:02 AM in response to bonbonit tnt

Put the old GPU in the Mac. Boot into Windows and uninstall the driver for the old GPU and switch to a Generic VGA driver. Shutdown your Mac, put in new GPU, boot Windows and install Windows drivers for the new card.

You can also try booting in Windows Safe Mode with the new GPU and install/repair drivers for the new GPU.

May 24, 2015 8:07 AM in response to Loner T

perfect Loner T !!!!!!!!!! i finally reach the point !

all is ok. I could resart in safe mode by choosing, from mac the window starting mode, and pressing the F8.

i did unstall the driver of the old card and could chosse a generic vga mode

then i reboot, always on window, and could install the driver for the new card

and everything is fine now ! thanks to you !!! you made my day !!!! thanks

how to install new graphic card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.