Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos does not share a complete album

Hello everybody,

I am using Photos 1.0 (209.52.0) and all my pictures are synchronized with iCloud Photo Library. I gathered all the pictures from my last trip in an album. Then i choose this album and i share it with my family. So it takes a long time but finally the synchronisation is over. Then I realised that although there are 3300 pictures in the album on my macbook pro, only around 2300 are uploaded in the shared album.

I cannot find a pattern to see which pictures were not uploaded and which ones were, it looks random. I delete the shared album and tried again to share the album that is in my library, same result.

Do you know what happened and how can i share the complete album ?

Sincerely,

Thibaut

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 24, 2015 5:54 AM

2 replies

May 24, 2015 6:02 AM in response to tiboc151

You may have hit one of the Sharing limits, if you try to upload all photos at once, see this page:

My Photo Stream and iCloud Photo Sharing limits - Apple Support

Don't try to upload more than 1000 photos per hour, and not more than 10000 photos per day.

• Maximum combined number of photos and videos from all contributors per shared album, per hour: 1000
  • Maximum combined number of photos and videos from all contributors per shared album, per day: 10,000

If you delete the photos directly after the upload, and then try again and again, you will quickly hit the limit of 1000 photos per hour or 10000 per day, and the upload will simply stop.

May 24, 2015 6:07 AM in response to léonie

Hi Léonie,

It could have been the problem but i waited several days to see if it would continue to upload and nothing changed. Besides when you hit the limit you can see it in the notifications. The day i synchronised all my pictures from my Macbook in the iCloud Photo Library, i discovered that Sharing limit 😝

Thank you for your message, but it does not solve my question.

Photos does not share a complete album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.