Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why can Siri be activated from a locked phone with passcode.?

On holiday in the USA and spent a day at sea world, I zipped my phone away in my rucksack for the day with a locked screen and passcode on. At the end of the day I checked my phone only to find it was 2hours 40mins into a call to a random UK mobile number from my phone book. I straight away canceled the call but my mobile provider are saying I still have to pay for it! Around £180........... As far as I'm concert this is a floor in the design of the phone and just wondered if anyone else has been stung the same way? And did they manage to claim any of the cost back?

Posted on May 24, 2015 6:41 AM

5 replies

May 25, 2015 6:00 PM in response to Ceast79

It cannot. If you turn off Siri from the lockscreen in iOS 8.3, it automatically turns off Voice Dial. You do not report what version of the iPhone that you are using. If you are using an iPhone 5s or greater, with Touch ID, it could be that you are using your registered finger. I just turned off Siri in Touch ID and Passcode, it automatically disabled Voice Dial, and using one of my unregistered fingers, I held the button for close to 30 seconds and no activation.

why can Siri be activated from a locked phone with passcode.?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.