Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Energy Saver Preferences Freezes Upon Restoring to Default Settings 10.10.3

From time to time I set the energy saver in system preferences to turn the display off "never." Suddenly the other day, when clicking the "restore default" button, the slider did not return back to the default 2 min (battery power) or 10 min (power adapter). When I closed the system preferences window and reopened, the slider had indeed returned to the correct default settings. It seems that the SETTINGS do take effect, but there is some sort of cosmetic issue with the slider not moving when returning to default settings. I tested this with both battery and power adapter, and both have the same results. It is an intermittent issue, and does not happen every time. When it does happen, it is after I have left the system preferences window open while running other programs with the settings modified to "never." Anyone else having a similar issue? I never had this problem until very recently, perhaps after the Remote Desktop Client Update version 3.8.4...

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 24, 2015 4:43 AM

There are no replies.

Energy Saver Preferences Freezes Upon Restoring to Default Settings 10.10.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.