Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Square pattern/sub-pixels on MacBook display.

I can see see a compact (sub-pixel?) pattern on my MacBook display. They're like small fuzzy squares which only seem visible when close up, or at certain angles. Note that it's impossible to photograph. It's not exactly intrusive, but it's certainly kinda distracting now that I've noticed it on solid light colours.

Is this normal? At least if I know it is, it'll give me some peace of mind.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 24, 2015 5:11 AM

2 replies

Dec 9, 2015 9:07 AM in response to Appleo01

This is exactly the problem I am having with both the original MacBook Pro 2015 that was first delivered and the replacement MacBook Pro 2015. In the end I gave up and decided to get a refund!

At first I thought I could live with it or that I my eyes would adapt, but after a short while of reading text it starts causing eye strain!

This problem doesn't exhibit itself on my MacBook Pro 2014 from work or any of the other machines at work, even other 2015 versions.

Come on Apple! We are paying a premium price to ensure we get top notch quality... this is simply not acceptable!

Square pattern/sub-pixels on MacBook display.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.