Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My lock button on my iPhone 5s is hard to push down. I've have my phone for over a year and now it doesn't make the click noise when I try and lock it. Can I go into apple and have it be replaced?

my lock button started to become hard to press down when my last case was on it for about 2-3 months. Where the case was on the lock button it made it very hard to click my lock button. When I took the case off I realized the actual lock button wasn't working correctly. Is there a way apple will replace the phone without paying for anything? It's been a year since I've had my phone. I've seen other articles on how they replaced the whole phone right away but I wasn't sure if they had to pay or it was a certain reason why they were able to get it replaced.

thank you!

Posted on May 24, 2015 7:54 AM

1 reply

May 24, 2015 8:29 AM in response to StayBeautiful

Hi,

Sorry to hear about that, I'm not sure if Apple would replace the phone without a fee. You would have to check with them about that for more information. In the meantime, if your lock button doesn't work you can enable assistive touch which will allow you to use the lock button from your phone's screen. Here's how:

Open Settings > General > Accessibility > AssistiveTouch > Slide it to on (green).

You also said you couldn't hear the click noise when you lock the device, the great news is that's something you can fix right now! Here's how:

Open Settings > Sounds > Scroll down and on Lock Sounds slide it on (green).

Make sure that your phone isn't on silent or mute mode as well, and that the volume is up so you can hear that click sound.

I hope this helps 🙂

My lock button on my iPhone 5s is hard to push down. I've have my phone for over a year and now it doesn't make the click noise when I try and lock it. Can I go into apple and have it be replaced?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.