Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Added two side borders to a photo from another source and could not save the new version. Any suggestions how to save a reformatted photo with additional borders.

How do I save reformatted photo with added borders from another source on my iMac version 10.9.5. ( iPhoto program is from the original installed operating system and is update to my computer whenever notified.) The original borders were copied and pasted onto the photo to make it appear as framed. When I click File - Save, the original photo is saved but not the additions.

Also, does anyone know how to add a frame to photos using the iPhoto program?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on May 24, 2015 8:07 AM

5 replies

May 24, 2015 10:59 AM in response to claudefromSI

You'll have to describe your workflow in more detail. What version of iPhoto are you using?

The original borders were copied and pasted onto the photo to make it appear as framed.

What app are you using when you paste the borders, iPhoto or a 3rd party app?

When I click File - Save, the original photo is saved but not the additions.

What application are you in when you're doing this step?

There's no way to add a border with iPhoto. You can do that with a 3rd party image editor.

User uploaded file

May 25, 2015 10:38 AM in response to Old Toad

Hi Old Toad,

Thanks for your response.

The iPhoto version is the one that comes with the Mountain Lion operating system. I constantly upgrade and now I am told it is Maverick, 10.9.5.

Re: Application for pasting border onto the photo. I opened the photo with the original border on the desktop and then clicked onto the border and I was

able to edit/copy and then pasted it onto another photo. I looked perfect on the desktop but when I cllicked file to save, the new framed photo reverted to

the original. I must save it as a jpg. I was considering printing it and then scanning it as a jpg but it looses its quality in the process.

SInce I cannot add a border with iPhoto, i.e., save it as a jpg, can you recommend a 3rd party image editor that would break the bank as with Photoshop?

Thanks.

Added two side borders to a photo from another source and could not save the new version. Any suggestions how to save a reformatted photo with additional borders.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.