Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

free up memory space

I have an iMac and am using OS X version 10.9.4, a 3.06 Ghz Intel core 2 duo processor, memory 4 GB and when I checked I have used 497 mg free. How do I free up more memory? I have been using CleanMyMac3 and that has helped some, but everything is slowing down. Can I add more memory?

imac

Posted on May 24, 2015 7:41 AM

2 replies

May 24, 2015 7:51 AM in response to griffvero

CleanMyMac may have damaged your system software--it's done it before. It is a terrible product and likely the cause to the slowdown.

First completely uninstall it. Programs like that --if they actually work properly--can only remove small temporary files, not data, music, movie, or image files you have added. You have to manually remove those.

The first thing to do is empty your trash, then check again for free space. As long as something is in the trash, it counts agaisnt free hard drive space.

Please do those two things and report back. We can walk you through the rest if the problem remains.

free up memory space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.