Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Un-activated iphone after update

I had two bad experiment with Apple.

First of them , I had updated an ipad for a relative with itunes from the computer and it had locked (fortunately he remembered the first apple account and its password and reactivated the ipad)

The second one , (for the same relative 😁) I had updated his iphone with itunes from the computer and it had locked again. But this time it wanted an accepted sim card to contact with apple . Unfortunately, the iphone from another country and here in Turkey it won't work if it is not registered in Turkey.

Now the iphone locked and a repair center said "It's scrap or junk now, you can throw it." 😠

--------------------------------------------------------------

So, for "bad unthinking Apple agents " remember to warn "un-Apple" customers first to check their phones if it could be updated and work normally after that.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Android User

iPhone 4, iOS 7

Posted on May 24, 2015 6:36 AM

1 reply

May 24, 2015 7:01 AM in response to Ezzat90

That's because the phone was hacked or jailbroken to unlock it and updating/restoring the phone caused it to revert to its original locked state. ONLY the carrier it is locked to can legitimately authorize unlocking it. Either contact them or buy a phone you can actually use. It's not Apple's fault that someone tried to circumvent the lock in the first place.

Un-activated iphone after update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.