Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove password protection from my contacts?

At some pooint my iPhone 5 started to demand I enter my apple ID and password every time I entered a new contact or edited an existing one. I don't need tp protect my contacts from myself! And you don't need a password to see them: only to change them. The phone itself is not passworded, and I couldn't find anything in the settings.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on May 24, 2015 6:47 AM

2 replies

May 26, 2015 7:22 AM in response to jkoerner

Hello jkoerner,

As I understand it whenever you try and create a new contact, or edit an existing one you are prompted for your iCloud password. I would start by updating your iOS to the latest version:

Update the iOS software on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Once that is done, I would next quit the Settings and the Contacts apps with these steps:

iOS: Force an app to close

Double-click the Home button.

Swipe left or right until you have located the app you wish to close.

Swipe the app up to close it.

When you have done that restart the device and test the issue again:

iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the best,

Sterling

May 26, 2015 8:33 AM in response to sterling r

I've managed to avoid the latest update, as they are filling up my 16 gb phone, gradually squeezing out every last podcast and photo, even using dropbox to get them off almost as soon as I shoot them. I have long since given up using it for music, carrying an ipod for that. As I said, it's a stupid feature. No surprise there. But thanks for the prompt response.

How do I remove password protection from my contacts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.