Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stuck in recovery mode, please help.

So my hosts file looks completely different from everyone else's, it's only one line, and when I do command+f and type in gs.apple.com, nothing shows up. When I look where gs.apple.com should be, it's just a bunch of /n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n's. I upgraded to iOS 8.3 and it slowed down my iPad so I downgraded it, this is when my iPad went crazy. When I went to the download link on my computer to install it onto my iPad, I downloaded the correct one from the website. After my iPad "broke"(It's stuck in recovery mode) I checked the file and it said iPad2,5_8.1_12B410_Restore.ipsw, when I downloaded it from another website, it said the same thing. But when I follow the instructions to get it out, and potentially fix it, from recovery mode it brings up this error (Cannot update iPad, unknown error occured (3014)). This is where I am, if you could help me, thank you but otherwise, should I just take it into Apple? (I did check to make sure I downloaded it for my iPad Mini model (A1432)).

iPad Mini, iOS 8.3, null

Posted on May 24, 2015 6:48 AM

2 replies

Jul 4, 2015 3:28 AM in response to luckychimney

I had the same problem this morning. I tried to update my ipad mini to iOS 8 over the air (without connecting it to my laptop and iTunes), and it got stuck on the apple logo bootup screen.

The workflow described on the following webpage enable me to resolve the situation:http://www.iphonehacks.com/2015/01/fix-stuck-apple-logo-evasi0n7.html

Hope it'll work for you as well!

Stuck in recovery mode, please help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.