Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

very poor life in my iPhone 5s can i get new battery

I have a very poor life in my iPhone 5s can i get anew battery or does

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 24, 2015 6:52 AM

7 replies

May 24, 2015 2:47 PM in response to b1g kg

I would second KiltedTim's response to you as the best option ...

However, if you are a do it yourself-type, your other option is to change the battery yourself. If you think you may want to attempt this, check out this iFixit link. Please note, that in addition to a new battery, it will require a number of tools that you may not already have ... but iFixit can provide you.

May 25, 2015 6:23 AM in response to b1g kg

One of the best ways that you can test the battery is to charge the battery to 100%, close all programs, restart the iPhone, turn brightness to about half, plug in some headphones (not wireless), set volume at about 50%, and start a movie. The original battery should last about 10 hours for video playback. Over time the battery will not last as long but I believe Apple won't replace a battery unless it performs less than 50% of the original capacity within the warranty period. If you end up getting more than 5 hours of video playback then it most likely will perform within their acceptable range and they will not replace it.

May 25, 2015 6:57 AM in response to anypats

Good thought, but it is impossible to close all programs. While you can remove them from Quick Launch, if any receive notifications their background processes will restart. And built in apps can not be killed from the quick launch screens. They disappear, but are still running. So this is not a definitive test. If you do get 5-10 hours your battery is OK, but if you get less that is not proof of a bad battery. Apple's test (which can be done remotely) is the only definitive test for identifying a bad battery.

One symptom that DOES mean a battery is going is if the phone shuts off before the battery reaches 1% repeatedly. Or if the displayed state of charge jumps around. But even then Apple's battery tester is the most reliable way of checking a battery.

very poor life in my iPhone 5s can i get new battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.