Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why is it so hard to sync pages docs with all my devices?

Why is it so hard to sync pages docs between all my devices? I've been using Notes to do my work, then sync my work between all my devices, because I can't figure out what's wrong. Notes works beautifully, Pages does not.

I'm using Pages V5.5.3., OS Yosemite V10.10.3, and iOS V8.3.

The devices I'm most concerned with working together are:

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012)

Processor 2.7 Ghz Intel Core i7

Memory 16GB 1600 Mhz DDR3

750 GB storage

iPad Mini 2 (wifi)

Model: ME860LL/A

Capacity: 114.31

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 24, 2015 8:27 AM

8 replies

May 25, 2015 5:35 PM in response to dinhr

This is an update to my original post.

I also have an iPhone 5C and an iPod touch. Pages updating/syncing work ok on both of those -it does take 5 to 10 minutes but it works. The iPad still doesn't seem to update/sync. All the settings are the same. If this is an iPad issue, I wish Apple would let us know.

Regards, dinhr

May 25, 2015 10:11 PM in response to Rysz

Hi Rysz,

I've stumbled across a weird work-around for this problem.

If I work on a Pages document while on my MacBook, then switch over to Pages, on my iPad, I found that, if I go to the doc selection area, choose edit, select any doc, then make a copy of that doc, and any doc will do, it "pushes" an update and all un-updated docs will update. That is the only way I've been able to get Pages on my iPad to update.

Now, in reverse, updates work the way they're supposed to...at least, it updates automatically to my MacBook. I have to do the copy/push thing to my other devices.

It seems to have something to do with my iPad not doing things correctly.

Well, at least I can make things update and it's not too much of a hassle for me.

Do you have any thoughts on all this?

Regards, dinhr

May 26, 2015 9:14 AM in response to dinhr

I'm you found a workaround. At least Pages are usable again for you.

What I observed is that the iCloud document "viewer" is sometimes slow to update without being prompted. For me, however, it is sufficient to just launch Pages on the iPad and choose to open an existing document. This shows the viewer of all saved documents and without even selecting any particular one, I can see all revised document thumbnails being updated in front of my eyes.

In other words, the documents on iPad are not already updated, but do update before actually bring opened.

Eeither way, it should work smoother. Time to let Apple know there's a problem here:

Apple Feedback pages

May 26, 2015 12:28 PM in response to Rysz

Thanks for your help. I agree, it's time to let Apple know there is a problem.

It sure does seem to operate strangely. Last night I worked on a doc on my iPad but then just shut everything down. This morning I booted up Pages on my iPad and it immediately updated. Your latest response seem helpful, I will keep an eye on that...there may be a pattern that I should be following.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards, dinhr

May 29, 2015 9:27 PM in response to Rysz

Hi Rysz,

I thought you'd like to know this. I contacted Apple Feedback as you suggested and surprisingly, I got a response.

The iWorks team had a list of questions for me regarding, well, everything, about my OS versions, iOS versions, my work flow, etc, etc.

iCloud was closed to me for about 24 hours and that really worried me.

The result was/is Pages and iCloud are now working better than ever before. It takes less that a minute to update. I don't know what they did, ( I asked them to let me know but have heard nothing), but what ever it was I am very thankful.

Thanks again for your help as well.

Regards, dinhr

why is it so hard to sync pages docs with all my devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.