Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ethernet No longer Connecting to Desktop only wifi Yosemite update

Hey

So I have tried to unplug everything shut my computer down and restart and re plug back in but since I did the Yosemite update on my desktop the only way to connect to the internet is via the Wifi. I already have 5 to 6 other smart phones/ipads/laptops that need the Wifi and adding the desktop is slowing down speeds drastically does anyone else know a different way to get the ethernet back ?

Thanks !

Posted on May 24, 2015 9:19 AM

3 replies

May 24, 2015 9:31 AM in response to kpalm

1. Boot to recovery by pressing at the same time and holding down Command+R as soon as you power on your iMac. When you see the Apple Logo you can release.

If you are prompted to choose a language just click the arrow to continue in english.

2. Choose Get Help Online and then click continue.

3. You should get a safari browser and then without connecting to Wi-Fi see if you can load a webpage.

If you can it is a software problem, if not then you will need to have your iMac repaired.

Ethernet No longer Connecting to Desktop only wifi Yosemite update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.