Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My late '13 MBP was doing a complete shutdown about every other night while on battery power.

My late '13 MBP was doing a complete shutdown about every other night while on battery power. Even though it was closed, I would hear the startup chime and a see a brief flash of light from the monitor whenever this happened.

I tried changing the autopoweroffdelay setting as suggested above, and that worked for about a week. There was hope! But then it started doing it again.

I then went to System Preferences > Power Settings, and clicked Restore Defaults for both Battery and Power Adapter. It's been working now for over a week. BTW, this also resets the autopoweroffdelay to the default setting as well, so that is no longer part of my (hopefully permanent) fix.

Once again, there is hope.

***Just curious, are those who are experiencing this always on battery power when it happens?***

<Re-Titled By Host>

Posted on May 22, 2015 4:01 AM

There are no replies.

My late '13 MBP was doing a complete shutdown about every other night while on battery power.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.