Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad 2 wont start

At first, my iPad 2 had trouble accessing the internet. So I reset the modem and router, and then everything was working.

I then decided to upload my pictures to dropbox using an app called "Carosel". The program wouldn't upload, so I pressed the "Home" button, and I guess while the app was trying to shut down it "hung". After a few seconds, I pressed and held the power button, the iPad screen turned black....no swirly indicater, and no apple logo...and no slide-bar to shut it down... it just went black.

Now if I press and hold the power button, nothing.

Press and hold the "Home" button with Power button, nothing.

What else should I try?

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on May 24, 2015 8:05 AM

3 replies

May 26, 2015 7:49 AM in response to Banana_Monkey

Hi Banana_Monkey,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that after shutting down, your iPad is no longer responding to the Sleep/Wake button or the Home button. In this situation, I would recommend trying to restart your iPhone as described in the attached article. If you can still not get it to respond, please continue working through the attached article to help resolve this situation.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on - Apple Support

Best regards,

Joe

May 27, 2015 2:27 PM in response to Banana_Monkey

Hello Banana_Monkey,

I understand that you have tried the steps in the above article and are still not able to get your iPad to respond. In this situation, it may be necessary to follow the last step in the article and Contact Apple Support.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on - Apple Support

What to do next

Contact Apple Support to set up service if you have any of these issues:

• You still see a black screen after charging and resetting.
  • You see a black screen, but can hear alerts, sounds, and vibrations.
  • Your screen is on, but it doesn't respond to when you tap, slide, or try other gestures.
  • You can't force your device to restart because your Home button or Sleep/Wake button is broken or stuck.
  • Your device is stuck on the Apple logo, displays a solid color, or isn't recognized in iTunes.

Have a great day,

Joe

ipad 2 wont start

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.