Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New email phishing, be careful!

I received an email yesterday. Alert: Update your apple account. It says it is coming from my own address but it states it's from 'Apple Security"

"Dear, [my email address]

Please note that your account will expire in less than 48 hours, it is imperative to conduct and audit of your information is present, otherwise your account will be destroyed.

What do I have to do?

Just click the link below and log in using your email and password. "

Bottom of the email is what gave it away to me. It was trying too hard to explain that it's not a phishing email and it wasn't trying to steal your information. Took you to a paypal site that explains what phishing is.

The link it says to click on takes me to a page that looks EXACTILY like the Apple website with the log in screen on their page. Yet, not one of the links work. The address is a adreport.pl site..

I didn't put any of my information in but how are they sending it from my address? I changed my password just in case. Should I be worried that anything else could of been stolen?

Posted on May 24, 2015 10:04 AM

2 replies

Jun 22, 2017 11:48 AM in response to CretoM

Just got the email today. Whenever you receive emails that have another link they want you to go all you do is hover your mouse over the link and look in the lower left part of your browser window and it should show you the link they are trying to have you go to. If it's not Apple.com then it's a spam site. I forwarded it to Apple and blocked the sender. Never click on any links unless you have done the above to verify that it's going to the correct company.

May 26, 2015 10:28 AM in response to CretoM

Hello CretoM,

I would say as long as you change your password by going to appleid.apple.com then it would be safe to say that you are good. If you change it by following the link that you received, then maybe not. Take a look at the articles below to go over phishing email and if you have concerns, there is a contact Apple for issues with account security.

Identifying fraudulent "phishing" email

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204759

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204169

Regards,

-Norm G.

New email phishing, be careful!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.