Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Publication Problem

I have filled out everything on ITunes Producer, but I cannot upload it. I get the message that my Id or Password for iTunes is wrong - but no indication where to check it and eventually re-insert it. User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on May 24, 2015 8:09 AM

14 replies

May 27, 2015 6:52 PM in response to heidi56init

A problem like yours can have a number of reasons! To have got so far down the process... seems to indicate you were correctly logged in to iTP - but the system say you are not!

As you pasted this a few days ago.. I suspect you have not sat waiting a reply and at least closed the application - wen t of cursed the cat and had a calming tea/coffee.

Rather than try to suggest why you were stopped - the only thing to do is close down the application and maybe your computer - and then start again - ensuring you use the correct details. If you have both free book and paid accounts - make sure you are using the correct account.

Another common mistake is using your "basic" Apple account - i.e. the once used to register your computer / iPad / iPhone etc.

I have a question though, you screen shot shows you selecting just three countries - assuming you book related only to the languages used as you identify.... what about those who speak the languages - but are not in those countries?

I always select every store - if the do not sell in Timbuktu - so what at least a tourist logged on there can buy if so minded.... just a thought.

Jun 8, 2015 2:26 PM in response to heidi56init

When you get your issue resolved with that certain ...

... somebody of iTunes Producer help has responded and I am hopeful to get things resolved.

+ AND +

... They suggest telephone, but I don't have a phone for intercontinental calls. Waiting for the answer if they can do skype.

- then post how it came out THEN mark your reply there with the tool below the message that looks like this

User uploaded file

you could also try this path [click]> Apple Support | Contact

to iTunes Producer (? - I am not sure, but you seem to be?)

Jun 9, 2015 8:17 AM in response to ChitlinsCC

This solved my question - but the book doesn't still go up!

Today I was at the iStore in Terni/Italy and the very helpful guy there has made sure that all difficulties were eliminated and the book actually began to upload in the store - with the perspective of 33 hours upload time for less than 1 GB.

I tried to continue at home, but my upload speed is so low (about 0.4-0.9) that the upload gets interrupted every time I try.

At this point I have no idea how to get it up to iTunes as I cannot pass 33 hours in the iStore or any other place which has slightly better upload speed.

PS: clicking on "Thois solved my question" doesn't seem to lead anywhere. Hopefully it will close the thread, anyway

Jun 9, 2015 9:45 AM in response to heidi56init

heidi

... 33 hours upload time for less than 1 GB.

1 GB of text = (PDF)

With Microsoft Word 2003, using its default settings of:
- Times New Roman font style
- Font size of 12 points
- Top and bottom margins of 1"
- Left and right margins of 1.25"
- 8.5" x 11" paper size area

= 438,600 pages

We need to look at what is IN your iBook. I assume text, but my suspicion is that you have many images as well. Video?

You need to reduce the size of your iBook.

• a video could explain it right away
  • you need to analyze the images for both physical size (mm X mm OR inches X inches) and resolution (pixels per inch[ppi] = standard worldwide)
  • if you have trouble analyzing and/or resizing pre-import, you need to pick an image you know that had to resize considerably, upload it and post a link to it (http://dropbox.com is handy free cloud drive that many of us use)

Solved doesn't GO anywhere, it merely marks your reply as the solution (although we aren't quite there yet)

Jun 9, 2015 9:59 AM in response to ChitlinsCC

Yes CCC, you are right. I chose iBooks Author because it allows Video. The goal of my book was to give excerpts of videos from my YouTube series together with some text. If I have to take off the videos and submit a pdf version (which I have saved, too) the whole effect of the book is gone. I might just renounce to publish the book and use it only by promotion on social media, but that is not really what I wanted....

Presently I host it on Dropbox

IbOOK LINK

Dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ytvvxqlis6kr6xv/The%20Wisdom%20Factory.ibooks?dl=0

Jun 9, 2015 10:20 AM in response to heidi56init

Although I hate having to workaround a problem, I have learned over the years of interactive media production that it is often necessary...

How about putting "Poster Frame" images in place of actual video clips and LINKs to the videos on YouTube?

I assume that you have the videos organized into "playlist(s)"

Another option is a website - there are a number of "free" hosting services > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_free_web_hosting_services

I use > www.000webhost.com/ < http://chitlinscc.site90.com is the address

WordPress or somesuch would do the trick - videos would still be ON YouTube - but if FaceBook is what you are familiar with, I would stick with it - maybe a new "persona" just for the book?

Jun 10, 2015 6:36 AM in response to ChitlinsCC

Hello CCC

and thanks again for all your helpful answers.

You are right, this would be a solution, to give the links for youTube (which I actually have done, too). But the fancy thing IS the video directly inside the book without sending people to YouTube where they might get lost. That's why I chose ibooks author with the limitations on the readability instead of doing a normal book for Amazon.

I see I have expected too much from the technology as it is in the present moment and have to re-dimension my ideas.

Here a comment which I wrote to your previous post and with which I wanted to sign off - being led back to the thread and finding new comments here:

"Just re-reading the last one - and you have caught me again. I have NO idea how to resize photos (unless it is an internal procedure like in mailchimp) and no idea what WYSIWG and PPI mean.

Anyway, I had believed it to be fairly easy to make an iBook, but now I see that one has to be a programmer or at least very familiar with a lot of computer stuff (which I thought to be in comparison with most people I know.)

I think I will NOT try again with another book project, as this one has cost me about 2 months steady work and learning how to fix things - without the desired outcome.

BTW. It definitely is my upload speed which doesn't allow the package to upload. I learnt how to get the messages from the background activity and that was the error news. as well as on iTunes Producer itself. And I don't want to spend more money to have it produced by an official producer for something which would be sold for less than 2 bucks - if it is sold at all.

A suggestion: It would be nice when iBooks Author would give an initial warning to people who want to use it for iTunes that their technical equipment might not be able to support the whole process. So much time and money could be saved - and much frustration energy."

Thanks again for your help, it was a highlight to have been able to get answers from somebody and feel the support.

Bye bye

Heidi

Jun 10, 2015 6:42 AM in response to vinnyvg

Hi Vinnyvg and thanks for your answer.

I think I have done a real mess, hearing now that there are different accounts for free and paid books. I had started out with listing it for free and then, learning more how to do things, done all the requirements for paid version. There I chose all countries and it is this version I tried to upload. I didn't get any error notice about that, though. Would the book have different IDs relative to what account? and how can I see if I have different accounts or not?

Thanks again

Heidi

Jun 10, 2015 6:45 AM in response to rccharles

Hi rccharles

I know that I can call with skype. DIdn't try it, actually, because I often had problems with company service numbers which are not reachable by skype. Would have been easier and cheaper to actually skype or hangout, because there you can also screenshare which you certainly cannot with phone calls which makes things more complicated, especially when the conversation is in a foreign language - and tech-language is also very foreign for me.

Heidi

Jun 10, 2015 8:00 AM in response to heidi56init

heidi

your package is too big!

read this about how to LINK your videos in the HTML widget section > iBooks Author: Add video or audio to your books - Apple Support

You want to EMBED your videos NOT Import them > https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#safe=off&q=how+to+embed+youtube+video+in+iboo ks+author

I'll bet you get it straightened out in short order - you did not create the wheel!!

keep us informed

ÇÇÇ

Jun 10, 2015 10:28 AM in response to ChitlinsCC

One of these widgets you seem to need from the page ChitlinsCC's links. I believe that "stream your videos" will make them appear inside your book. Of course, folks will not be able to see your vids without access to the internet.

Vimeo widget

Don't explode your books size with videos, use our Vimeo widget to stream your video clips instead.

YouTube widget

Don't explode your books size with videos, use our YouTube widget to stream your video clips instead.

This sort of project is best done by spending small amounts of time spread over a longer periods. Thus, letting you lots of time to ponder what works and what doesn't.

Robert

Jun 10, 2015 11:38 AM in response to rccharles

Robert

All great points and specifics!!

Folks never realize what goes into bringing a a bright idea to fruition - we do because we did it for a living - both in-house and rescuing stalled projects

The general Best Practice steps of a project are (you can start with these from the outset OR start over when stalled - either way, each step is dependent on the ones that come before)

1. discovery,
  2. analysis,
  3. strategy,
  4. architecture/planning,
  5. design,
  6. production/testing/ delivery,
  7. maintenance

As all can see, before a pixel is pushed, 35-40% of the project length is in steps 1-4, grouped together referred to as Planning. #5 - design - could easily be called planning, although it involves committing stuff to a tangible medium (BTW, where COPYRIGHT kicks in!)

Publication Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.