Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My mac mini (Oct.2009) suddenly supersized its display.

I turned on my mac mini yesterday and everything on the display was REAL BIG and didn't fit my 20" monitor. I tried trouble-shooting.I can zoom and unzoom but still everything is BIG! Does this sound like a dying mini? monitor? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Tom

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), Manufactured late 2009

Posted on May 24, 2015 8:22 AM

2 replies

May 24, 2015 8:49 AM in response to den.thed

PROBLEM SOLVED!!! Thanks den.thed for your time and effort. After many go rounds doing messing with the display settings and zooming and unzooming, I gave up and shut my machine off. In doing so I saw my display plug slightly askew. I straightened it up. Restarted the machine and viola! Everything was back to normal!…but now I know all about resolution, zooming and unzooming . Aw, whats' 3-4 hours out of your life anyway 🙂 Thanks for reading my post and offering your help. Tom

My mac mini (Oct.2009) suddenly supersized its display.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.