Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All files on iCloud have been deleted!! How can I recover?

Is there anyway to recover files from iCloud? They have all disappeared off my Mac!

Posted on May 24, 2015 8:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2015 2:33 PM

What kind of files?

The mac does not do backups to iCloud like iPhone, iPad, etc do, so there is no restore possible. But there are other services associated with iCloud, like iCloud Photo Library. But in this case, if you accidentally deleted photos on the mac, they are also deleted from the iCloud library. Same thing with Calendars, etc. If you have saved documents to iCloud, like from Pages or Numbers, then if you deleted them on the mac, then they are also deleted from iCloud.

Bottom line... iCloud does not store backups from a mac.

What you need is to rely on Time machine to back up files on the mac. Do you use Time Machine?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2015 2:33 PM in response to SusanSOS

What kind of files?

The mac does not do backups to iCloud like iPhone, iPad, etc do, so there is no restore possible. But there are other services associated with iCloud, like iCloud Photo Library. But in this case, if you accidentally deleted photos on the mac, they are also deleted from the iCloud library. Same thing with Calendars, etc. If you have saved documents to iCloud, like from Pages or Numbers, then if you deleted them on the mac, then they are also deleted from iCloud.

Bottom line... iCloud does not store backups from a mac.

What you need is to rely on Time machine to back up files on the mac. Do you use Time Machine?

May 24, 2015 9:27 PM in response to pvonk

Thanks pvonk,

THe files were keynote, pages and numbers. I run a small business and this is quite devistating for me. Files were not deleted they just disappeared off the cloud. Should be worrisome for all iCloud users. Thank you for your suggestion for Time Machine. I wonder if this would have helped save my business? Either way I am off the cloud, can't trust it.

All files on iCloud have been deleted!! How can I recover?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.