Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to map hard drive on surface rt?

I am trying to map my mac mini hard drive to a windows surface. I am mapping to smb://macmini (the name of my hard drive) but nothing works. Everything that I have seen on the internet don't give explicit directions on this. I'm sure that I am missing something.

Mac mini (Late 2014), iOS 8.3

Posted on May 24, 2015 12:50 PM

2 replies

May 25, 2015 4:58 PM in response to Templeton Peck

Templeton,

Thank you for taking time out of your day for your insightful post. "Windows" isn't necessarily consistent with "Windows RT" from what I am finding and unfortunately, I had already reviewed the first 60 responses from google prior to your post. Only your wit seems to surpass your acumen.

Don't you have anything better to do with your time that to amuse yourself in such way?

For anyone else that may be reading this post with this question and have a genuine interest. bI have found that NETBIOS has to be enabled through TCP/IP. I tried this but still have not had any luck yet.

If anyone else is out there that has experienced these problems and has some insights, any help is appreciated.

How to map hard drive on surface rt?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.