Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cross Dissolve issues in iMovie

Help! When trying to lengthen the Cross Dissolve time in iMovie it automatically sets itself back to the default time after I apply the change. I'm double clicking on the Cross Dissolve section, changing the time from the default 0.2secs but after pressing 'apply' or 'apply all' it doesn't apply - can anyone save my life on this please? 🙂

Posted on May 24, 2015 10:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2015 1:28 PM

You can only extend the duration of a transition if there is enough video beyond the join point of the two clips for the transition to use.

The solution is to remove the transition, trim back the video clips on both sides of the join then replace the transition. It should then be possible to make the transition duration longer.

Geoff.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2015 1:28 PM in response to Ant W-B

You can only extend the duration of a transition if there is enough video beyond the join point of the two clips for the transition to use.

The solution is to remove the transition, trim back the video clips on both sides of the join then replace the transition. It should then be possible to make the transition duration longer.

Geoff.

Cross Dissolve issues in iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.