Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

emailing from within Photo on MacBook Pro

I am unable to forward a picture from the Photo app (V1.0) on my MacBook Pro via email. I am running an Outlook client (V14.5.0) on OS X Yosemite 10.10.3. The share dropdown does not include mail as an option like it does on my phone. I have tried to copy and paste from Photo into an email but that only sends a link which can't be opened. Sadly if the photo is not on my phone I text it to my phone in order to email to someone. I have the same issue if I try to forward/share a document. The option is not there. Although in this case I merely use the attachment option in Outlook to send a file. I tried to use this method to attach a picture and I can get to the photo library but not the pictures/folders within it. If I click on the photo library it asks if I want to compress since it appears to me it plans to send the whole library! I obviously cancel this.

I am a new Mac user since January. I assume I just have something configured wrong? Any advice?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 24, 2015 10:41 AM

2 replies

emailing from within Photo on MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.