Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud backup iOS5s not possible

I have been using an iPhone 5s for a little under a year now, and about a month ago my iPhone broke. I got a new 5s to replace it. Right now I am installing my new phone and I'm trying to use my iCloud backup so i still have my pictures, contacts, purchased apps etc. from my previous phone. However, this isn't possible because of the following:

MOST RECENT IPHONE BACKUP:

april 6 2015 8:36AM (requires iOS 8.2)

I get that that's because of my phone being new. However, I am afraid that if I click on the other option, which is, Installing the phone as new, I won't get another chance of installing the back up.

So, all in all, the problem is that I have to have iOS 8.2 but I don't have it because of the iPhone 5s being Brand new. Is there any other way of getting my iCloud backup installed?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on May 24, 2015 9:05 AM

1 reply

May 26, 2015 9:01 AM in response to louiserobin

Howdy louiserobin,

As I understand it you are unable to restore this iCloud backup to your new phone because the backup was made with a newer version of iOS. You will always have the option to restore that iCloud backup so don't worry about that. First update your phone with iTunes using this article:

Update the iOS software on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If needed, you can use this article to restore that backup from iCloud:

iCloud: Restore or set up your iOS device from iCloud

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Sterling

iCloud backup iOS5s not possible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.