Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Extended keyboard: Numeric keys not responding

Numeric keys do not function - i.e. "0" thru "9" do nothing when trying to use on Calculator app. Was working fine until I tried to use the keypad a few days ago. I checked USB connection from iMac to KB and transferred the USB port on the rear of the iMac. Re-started Mr. Mac. No change. BTW Sys S/W is Maverick OSX 10.9.5.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), 21.5", 3.1 GHz i7

Posted on May 24, 2015 9:57 AM

6 replies

May 24, 2015 10:50 AM in response to Donald Morgan

Good reply Donald, but still n/a.

I'll keep beating on it until I get something to lose it's 'lock' on nothingness. May have been the wrong decision on my part to take the extended KB over the 'normal' one - but, I didn't like the wireless and battery 'features' offered. I'm pretty sure I did an OS update recently, which killed some of my settings. Also, having a 'problem' with the Energy Saver resetting to Default every time the machine starts up. I'm pretty sure that also is a resultant of an OS update.

I've been a staunch Mac proponent since the Mac Plus, but now I'm scratching....

TNX again!

Extended keyboard: Numeric keys not responding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.