Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My battery is draining and phone is overheating

hi I have iPhone 5s and the apple warranty is gone , I have a problem with the phone ita overheating when I'm not using it and draining battery like crazy , 2 hrs 60% gone and so hot to touch .

ive deleted all the apps , used it without any just in case it was faulty apps still the same , I've bought a new apple charger and also got my battery replaced ..

its still the same, it's actually more so when I don't use it it gets so hot .

wwhat else can I do ? I don't mind paying ? Should I get new inside?

i Never got it wet or anything ..

pliz help

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 24, 2015 11:28 AM

3 replies

May 24, 2015 11:32 AM in response to Sammiiix

Sammiiix wrote:

hi I have iPhone 5s and the apple warranty is gone , I have a problem with the phone ita overheating when I'm not using it and draining battery like crazy , 2 hrs 60% gone and so hot to touch .

ive deleted all the apps , used it without any just in case it was faulty apps still the same , I've bought a new apple charger and also got my battery replaced ..

its still the same, it's actually more so when I don't use it it gets so hot .

wwhat else can I do ? I don't mind paying ? Should I get new inside?

i Never got it wet or anything ..

pliz help

Who replaced the battery, did you have that done by Apple or an Authorized Apple Service provider? You say you deleted all of the apps, but how did you do that? Did you restore the phone? It sounds as if you have a stray process that is locking up the phone. A 5s should not have been in need of a new battery either. I use my 5s extensively throughout the day and have never experienced more than 3 - 3.5% per hour of battery drain, with push exchange account, another personal account fetching every 30 minutes, talk, text, and web.

You need to work with the other user troubleshooting steps, however if you had a non-authorized place make the battery change, you have voided any post-warranty service on the device, which means Apple will no longer do anything with it for you.

May 24, 2015 12:07 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Hey it's was done by authoriziced apple place ,no what I've done is did the facorty restore , used the phone it was still hot so I put the apps on anyways the ones I need like what's app and stuff and used it .

THis is morning i went for a jog with music for 1 hr it drained 10% maybe and then left in my room and went to check like two hrs later it was 40% down which is strange .

Whats a stray progress ?

my apple charger broke so I got a cheap on for a while till I ordered the Apple one because I don't have a apple shop near by and used that charger for a while it's when the problems started my friend said that it might be because the cheap one didn't have the Apple chip in it and that broke the phone . Could that be it ?

May 24, 2015 12:10 PM in response to Sammiiix

Okay, if Apple replaced the battery, then you can still have the device examined by Apple. If you have used a non-Apple charger, it is very possible this has damaged the device. The only way to get this checked now is to have Apple examine the hardware. If a restore as new and no adding any content back to the phone still has it malfunctioning, then anything could be wrong.

A stray process is something that is running on the phone trying to complete something, such as trying to get mail, or something like that, but a corrupt file or connection is preventing it from working correctly. I'm not sure if you used a backup when you restored the phone, but that can contain corrupt data as well.

Make an appointment at the Genius Bar to have it looked at. Something is definitely wrong with it.

My battery is draining and phone is overheating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.