Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I block video ads in Safari?

Hi. I am an OS X Yosemite user and have been exploring Safari recently after having been a Chrome fan for a few years. Question about video ads...

In my Chrome newsfeed/reader, whenever I click on a story it takes me to it and the video starts up immediately. No ads. In Safari there is a video ad before each video with a message that my video will continue momentarily. It's annoying. And I get to here the ad in between each video. Did I say it is annoying? I have Safari AdBlock. And I use AdBlockPlus in Chrome. Never a problem with Chrome. Anyway to block or override these ads in Safari and just watch the story?

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Safari 8.0.6

Posted on May 24, 2015 11:42 AM

2 replies

May 26, 2015 11:31 AM in response to iamtony

Hi, iamtony.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you are using a Safari extension and it is not functioning as expected. I would first recommend making sure this extension has been updated, is ON and Enabled. You can do this by going to the Safari Menu > Preferences and selecting the extension under the Extensions Tab. If the issue persists, you may need to find an extension via the search option on the second link below that better meets your needs.

Safari 8 (Yosemite): Extensions pane of Safari preferences

Safari Extensions

Cheers,

Jason H.

How can I block video ads in Safari?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.