Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod 4th Gen not recognized by iTunes but...

Hi All,

My iPod 4th Gen will cause iTunes to open (if previously not open) but there is no iPod icon on the iTunes window (on my iMac running 10.9.5). It appears on the desktop as a volume called "My Book". My finder window doesn't see it as a devise. When I eject the "MY Book" the iPod says, "O.K. to disconnect" but when I do so it goes to the select a language window. I select english and it seems to be setup O.K. but it isn't recognized when I connect it as described above...

I have done the restore steps many times, restarted computer and iTunes. I have also held the Menu and Play button while the iPod started up.

Any ideas? Thanks so so much for any help with this!

Michael

Posted on May 24, 2015 11:29 AM

2 replies

May 24, 2015 10:00 PM in response to jumpbuck108

Yay for experimenting! I got my disc utility to find the "My Book" volume and though it said it was fine I tried to "repair" it. No change. I then erased it and iTunes started to recognize it. I used iTunes to restore it and lo and behold the sucker works now.

I hope this works for you too, oh person seeking to resolve this same issue!

Cheers!

M.

iPod 4th Gen not recognized by iTunes but...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.