Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage Space issues

I have a 16 gb iphone 6. I cannot update anything because my storage is full. When I look at the usage bar in iTunes, it says I have 400 photos, but I only have 16 or so on my actual phone. What can I do to remove these photos to free up more space?

Posted on May 24, 2015 1:17 PM

1 reply

May 24, 2015 2:07 PM in response to Pamydosy

You may have a particular bug with your recently deleted album not actually deleting the photos after 30 days. How it's supposed to work is that your recently deleted album is supposed to delete those photos, but for some reason, it hasn't. It deleted the entry for the photo, but not the actual photo itself. So what you want to do is to make them appear again and then manually delete those photos from the recently deleted album.

To make them appear, go to Settings > Date and Time. Turn off Set Automatically so you can change the date, and then turn the date back a few years. This will make those photos think that 30 days has not passed yet and make them appear again in the recently deleted album.

Go then to the recently deleted album in your Photos app, click on select, click on delete all.

Go back to Settings > Date and Time after to change it back to Set Automatically so you have the correct date again.

You may want to check in Settings > General > Usage under manage storage as well just to check what else on your phone is using up all your space. 400 photos or so is a lot, but it might not solve all of your storage issues.

Storage Space issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.