Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

time capsule backup does not show up on menu correctly

The latest backup would show up on the menu with the correct date, now although the backup is performed the latest backup that show in the menu is May 2 2015. How do I correct this? Thanks everyone

MacBook Air, iOS 8.3, Time Capsule Backup

Posted on May 24, 2015 2:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2015 2:39 PM

now although the backup is performed the latest backup that show in the menu is May 2 2015.

I'm not sure whether the "latest backup" means the oldest backup date....or.....whether the "latest backup" means the most recent backup. Can you clarify on that?

Since there are no "menus" at the top of the screen when you open Time Machine......which "menus" are you referring to here?

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2015 2:39 PM in response to MAG@mac

now although the backup is performed the latest backup that show in the menu is May 2 2015.

I'm not sure whether the "latest backup" means the oldest backup date....or.....whether the "latest backup" means the most recent backup. Can you clarify on that?

Since there are no "menus" at the top of the screen when you open Time Machine......which "menus" are you referring to here?

May 25, 2015 7:52 AM in response to Bob Timmons

Thanks Tim! I am impressed, thanks for such an immediate response.

I am referring to MOST RECENT BACKUP

I am referring to the menu at the top of the computer screen, where you can see and enter the little clock that is the TIME CAPSULE icon through which you are able to enter TIME MACHINE, enable a backup or open TIME MACHINE preferences.

My husband's multiple MAC computers no longer register the most recent backup either but the backup in fact does exist.

May 26, 2015 6:59 AM in response to MAG@mac

Make sure that the Time Capsule is not backing up at the time

Pull the power cord from the back of the Time Capsule

Wait a few seconds

Plug the power cord back into the Time Capsule and give it a minute to restart

Then restart your Mac

Check Time Machine again.

If the information is still incorrect, there is some sort of bug involved here, and you will need to check with Apple support for further advice. Click "Contact Us" at the lower right of this web page.

time capsule backup does not show up on menu correctly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.