Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I need to make an appointment in the Apple store if I need assistance in setting up my new Iphone (and get the SIM card cut)?

This is a very general question, since I am a fairly new Apple customer. Does the Apple store in my city offer me assistance in setting up my new Iphone 6? Does one have to make an appointment? And can the Apple staff cut the SIM card smaller that it fits in the new phone?

iPhone 6

Posted on May 24, 2015 11:27 AM

3 replies

May 24, 2015 11:35 AM in response to Martin10777

You can set up a Genius Appointment in an Apple store to help you set up the iPhone. Depending on how busy the store you choose is, its possible you can simply walk in and get help, however, its best to set up an appointment so that you are not left waiting to get help.

https://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

As for the sim card, the general best course is to request a Nano sim card from your current carrier with your current service. Most carriers will do this for free, an take no more than 15 to 20 minutes to do it.

Do I need to make an appointment in the Apple store if I need assistance in setting up my new Iphone (and get the SIM card cut)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.