Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error when changing back the orienatation of my screen

I ve got a macbook pro running on OS X yosemite and and decided to turn the display of my screen for fun by 180°. When I tried to change it back through displays, an error displayed showing a preferneces error and now i cannot change my screen back. What can I do please

MacBook Pro, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 24, 2015 11:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2015 12:46 PM

Restart the computer in safe mode. Certain caches maintained by the system will be rebuilt.

Safe mode is much slower to start up than normal. The next normal startup may also be somewhat slow.

When the login screen appears, restart as usual (not in safe mode) and test. There's no need to log in while in safe mode.

Note: If FileVault is enabled in OS X 10.9 or earlier, or if a firmware password is set, or if the startup volume is a software RAID, you can’t start in safe mode. In that case, ask for instructions.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2015 12:46 PM in response to Andreascalleja

Restart the computer in safe mode. Certain caches maintained by the system will be rebuilt.

Safe mode is much slower to start up than normal. The next normal startup may also be somewhat slow.

When the login screen appears, restart as usual (not in safe mode) and test. There's no need to log in while in safe mode.

Note: If FileVault is enabled in OS X 10.9 or earlier, or if a firmware password is set, or if the startup volume is a software RAID, you can’t start in safe mode. In that case, ask for instructions.

Error when changing back the orienatation of my screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.