Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Computer does not recognize wifi printer

I just purchased a new cable service. I installed the modem (Motorola SB6141), and connected the most recent version of Airport Extreme. After some troubleshooting and lengthy rebooting of the modem (and router), I was able to get all devices to connect to the wifi network. I also have a wireless printer (Canon Pixma MG6220). After installing the new service, the computers and iPad cannot connect to the printer. I downloaded the most recent versions of printer and scanner drives, restarted the computer (Mac Pro), but to no avail.

If anyone knows what the next step should be, I'd appreciate it.

Posted on May 24, 2015 12:09 PM

1 reply

May 24, 2015 2:01 PM in response to marmarita

After installing the new service, the computers and iPad cannot connect to the printer. I downloaded the most recent versions of printer and scanner drives, restarted the computer (Mac Pro), but to no avail.

Does this mean that you reset the printer back to it's default factory settings.....the way the printer originally came out of the box when it was new.....and then set it up again?

If not, the printer is remembering the settings that it was programmed to use to connect to your "old" network........and you now have a "new" network which the printer does not recognize at all.

So, you will have to clear out the current network settings that the printer is using and then set it up again so that it will have the settings that it needs to connect to your "new" network.

Computer does not recognize wifi printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.