Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new certified iphone 6 cable will not support new 6

original power cord sent with phone worked. this new cord from the apple store does not. it is designed for the 6. I have a 6 plus so that shouldn't matter. the socket is completely clean. the phone is brand new. I just changed power cables. the battery power is completely dead I can't reset it. I get the low battery icon with the red line when the cord is plugged in but no sign that it is charging. no lightning icon or anything. I have tried two different wall sockets and two different ports. the original cord worked on the same socket I am using now. the cable is brand new from apple store. Just bought today. provider is T mobile. thanks.

update: charger finally worked, because the battery was dead it took a while to come back on.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3, null

Posted on May 24, 2015 1:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2015 1:20 PM

It is possible that the cable is malfunctioning. Have you tried another cable? Have you tried another charging port? Are you trying on the computer, or with the wall socket?

1 reply

new certified iphone 6 cable will not support new 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.