Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are all edit functions in QT 10.4 greyed out, except "trim"

I run Yosemite on a Macbook Pro, and want to concatenate mp4 clips. But the only editing function that is available is "trim". I have saved, and resaved, and exported... no joy, most menu entries are greyed out.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), some email only show raw html code,

Posted on May 24, 2015 1:46 PM

1 reply

May 24, 2015 9:58 PM in response to jbminster

I have done what was suggested in another discussion topic. I got a working copy of QT10.4 from another machine, and replaced the contents of the QT player package on my machine, since I cannot replace the package itself under Yosemite. The operation went smoothly but QT still behaves in exactly the same way: "show clips", "show Audio Tracks" etc are all greyed out. I am pretty sure the problem lies with the clips insofar I can open and edit some .mp4, .mov, or .avi files, but not some others. But I cannot discover what it is I should be looking for. Probably something trivial. Thanks in advance for any pointers! :-)

Why are all edit functions in QT 10.4 greyed out, except "trim"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.