Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Apple aware that iCloud drive doesn't play well with internet connection?

I have found that iCloud drive does not play well with the internet on my MacBook. Recently, I noticed documents in iCloud Drive, modified on my MacBook, were not loading, often "waiting" to upload. I contacted Apple Support and the solution was to clear and restart iCloud Drive. Okay, that worked; the documents were uploaded/updated on iCloud.

The problem returned. The solution was applied again. Then the problem returned again. You can see where this is going. During all of this my browser was taking longer to load pages, initially, and other software could not connect to the internet. iOS8 apps also did not update to other devices from my MacBook; such as checking/clearing a reminder, while iPhone to iPad worked properly.

This began to point the finger at iCloud Drive. In the course of troubleshooting, I found that when iCloud Drive was turned off (just iCloud Drive) my browser and other software returned to normal; and iOS8 apps "talked" between my MacBook and other devices again.

My conclusion is that iCloud drive is having trouble "sharing" the internet connection; either blocking the connection for some and being blocked by others. I also believe this has transpired after a recent OS X update.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 24, 2015 4:54 PM

3 replies

May 25, 2015 5:11 PM in response to Winston Churchill

Photos hogs the entire upload bandwidth witch in turn kills downloads.

in photos preferences you can pause for a day, but there are no other more usefull options, like pause for an hour or until midnigh, or only use 60% of my maximum demonstrated bandwidth or limit upload to 1mbs..

And if God forbid you sign out of iCloud you are forced to reupload everything all over agin even though is already in the iCloud.com library aparenty it can't md5 or rsync for some mind boggling reason, so you then get to spend another week waiting to reupload unable to use internet because photos hogs it all.

Is Apple aware that iCloud drive doesn't play well with internet connection?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.