Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple-TV is showing the good internet connection, has updated the software from the internet, but is not able to connect to iTunes store.

Hi there.

My apple TV was working perfectly 2 months ago, I stopped using it and came back now. But now suddenly it's not connecting to the iTunes store or the home-sharing computer. I have restored it and set-up everything from the beggining:

1. I opened my home computer iTunes and turned on home-sharing.
  2. I shared a library with songs and videos from my home storage.
  3. I played a song from the home-computer through the air-play on the apple-TV and it played perfectly!
  4. I came to my apple-TV and tried to set it up - the software was downloaded perfectly from the wireless internet connection.
  5. I tried testing the connection on the apple-TV and was asked to access the iTunes store. I put my apple-id and password and the apple-TV said: "cannot connect to iTunes store".
  6. I tried to connect to my home-computer through the home-sharing (and as I wrote before - the apple-TV played perfectly a song that was played on the home computer) - I put my apple-id and password and the apple-TV said: "unable to sign in".
  7. I tried reseting my apple TV, reseting my internet router - but nothing worked.

Any suggestions?

Apple TV, Windows 7

Posted on May 24, 2015 1:22 PM

3 replies

May 24, 2015 5:24 PM in response to avhu1968

I am having the exact same problem today. Is the Apple network down or something? I have tried restarting and resetting; however, my Apple TV will not connect. All I get is a screen with two buttons: Computers and Settings. I cannot get to the home screen and cannot log into itunes Store. I get the message "Cannot connect to iTunes Store". I have not had a problem connecting for the last year. What could the problem be? I guess Amazon is going to get my business tonight.

Apple-TV is showing the good internet connection, has updated the software from the internet, but is not able to connect to iTunes store.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.