Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't reinstall iPhoto after reinstalling Mavericks

I reinstalled Mavericks a month ago and I just noticed iPhoto in the applications folder has an X on the upper right hand corner.

When I go to the app store and click on my iPhotos dated 2011, it says "The current version requires OS X 10.10 or later, but you can download the last compatible version." When I click download, it then says, "You need to update my computer to OSX 10.10." Since I had a working version of iPhoto before I reinstalled Mavericks, it seems that I should be able to get my compatible version back. I have no interest in updating to Yosemite.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on May 24, 2015 2:25 PM

2 replies

May 25, 2015 12:21 PM in response to Csound1

Thank you for answering but, the iPhoto in the Applications folder disappeared and now endless loop has been happening since yesterday:

I try to install it and it says: “The current version requires OS X 10.10 or later, but you can download the last compatible version.”

Then when I click OK, I get “You must update to Mac OS X 10.10 in order to download and use this application.

Then when I click OK to make the box go away I get “There was an error in the App Store. Please try again later. (null)

I'm pretty sure that trying again later is not ever going to work.

can't reinstall iPhoto after reinstalling Mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.