Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multicam with PIP

Hi all,

fairly new to FCPx and have tried to find an answer for this but struggling a tad.

To cut a long story short, i've recorded a 4-camera clip of a drummer. I've worked out the mutlicam side of things, but i want one of the angles to always be displayed in the bottom corner (The drummers feet on the kick drum pedal)

I tried compounding 2 identical multicam clips and setting the primary video angle of the top clip to just be the kick drum, which seemed to work, but then when i went to switch angles, it only changed the angle of the top clip, which has now been resized and is in the bottom right corner!

I'm sure i'm missing something fairly simple. If someone can give me an idea of what to do i'd appreciate it!

Thanks in advance

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 24, 2015 3:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2015 12:11 AM

It is quite simple.

All you have to do is place the multicam clip twice on the timeline, one instance connected on top of the other.

Scale and position the copy on top to do the PIP thing. In order to avoid problem with switching angles in the wrong version of the clip, you may temporarily disable the pip clip by selecting it and pressing V. Then later just press V again to reenable it. Or just add the pip version after you made the cuts on the primary.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2015 12:11 AM in response to diseasedmind

It is quite simple.

All you have to do is place the multicam clip twice on the timeline, one instance connected on top of the other.

Scale and position the copy on top to do the PIP thing. In order to avoid problem with switching angles in the wrong version of the clip, you may temporarily disable the pip clip by selecting it and pressing V. Then later just press V again to reenable it. Or just add the pip version after you made the cuts on the primary.

Multicam with PIP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.