Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dropped iphone 6 + in water, music and siri messed up

iPhone 6+ with iOS 8.3 dropped into 4 inch deep water, phone completely covered. Music won't play and siri won't work. Acts like headphones are plugged in when they aren't. When I do plug headphones in, music works and siri sort of works, but I hear static. Static volume/amount changes when I move or the headphone cord moves. Music and siri come on randomly when head phones aren't plugged in. When i double click the home button, i do not have the option of closing out the music app (it acts like I'm not playing music), but the home screen and the tool bar thing show that I am. Siri will come on without head phones plugged in, but doesn't register my voice or make a sound. Basically, my phone is acting like I have headphones plugged in all the time, siri comes on sporadically (raise to talk and "hey siri" turned off), and the music keeps turning itself on and off (also if you watch the music timer to show how much time is left on a song, you can see that it is speeding through the song resulting in a three minute song ending in under a minute). I've already tried the rice thing (for a few hours), the paper clip thing, and the tissue thing

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 24, 2015 3:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2015 4:05 PM

Did you buy AppleCare with the phone? If so, you can get it fixed twice with a service fee.

3 replies

May 24, 2015 4:11 PM in response to epb2408

Adding to @jjkraw's comments:

Whether you purchased AppleCare or not, your iPhone will almost certainly need to be replaced. If you purchased AppleCare, you would pay somewhat less for that replacement than if you did not purchase AppleCare. (The replacement would very likely be a refurbished iPhone 6+ in the AppleCare case.)

Regardless, you hopefully have a good backup of all your stuff, otherwise expect to lose it.

Dropped iphone 6 + in water, music and siri messed up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.