Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone demands setup each time I turn it on. Why?

I have a new iPod Touch 5G (32GB) and am trying to set it up using the iTunes backup from my previous iPod. Each time I do it, iTunes tells me the settings have been restored and the iPod restarts. But it then demands I start the whole process again, in an endless loop. Am I doing something wrong?

iPod touch, 5G 32GB

Posted on May 24, 2015 4:20 PM

5 replies

May 24, 2015 4:30 PM in response to KiltedTim

Thanks for the fast response! I've gone round and round about a dozen times. Each time it asks me to set the language and location again and then decide whether to set up as new or restore from backup. I have resisted setting up as new, so as not to lose everything I had on the old iPod. But however many times I go round and it tells me the backup has been restored, I just get back to square one again.

May 24, 2015 4:47 PM in response to KiltedTim

The message I get is: "The settings for your iPod touch have been restored. Please leave your iPod touch connected …". The iPod then restarts but takes me back to the initial welcome screen … "Hello .. slide to set up". Before I click to restore, iTunes tells me that the iPod has never been backed up to this computer. But I get no error message at any point.

New iPhone demands setup each time I turn it on. Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.